The day we celebrate love is today, and for our loved ones and clients with Alzheimer’s the simple pleasures can make ideal gifts. Some ideas and tips:
- Whatever you do, make it in the moment.
- Give a gift that gives immediate joy, from and emotional or sensory perspective.
- Bring favorite foods, wrapped up pretty paper, and enough to share with others.
- Soft clothing, blankets provide pleasure and security.
- Look at old photos, listen to old music.
- If possible, have the individual recollect their first love
Traditions endure because our long term memory outlives our short term memory. So bring lots of hearts, the color red and flowers to have a great Valentines Day!