Let’s speak bluntly here: After you’re gone, it’s too late to create an Estate Plan. So if you’re approaching your senior years and you still don’t have one – or you have one that’s old – what, exactly, are you waiting for?
If you use a qualified Elder Law attorney to help you, it’s not a difficult process at all. And, to paraphrase that TV ad for a credit card – “Peace of mind? Priceless.”
Many people, unfortunately, put off creating an Estate Plan. (I often wonder if they know something the rest of us don’t…how much time they have left.) I end up seeing some of these people in my office a few years later…in crisis, overwhelmed, and nearly-broke from foolishly giving away their money in the hopes of qualifying for Medicaid.
The choice is up to you. Do you want to take the time now to make an Estate Plan that will protect you, your money, and your family? Or would you rather do it later, in a crisis situation?
We can provide guidance to you in areas such as these:
- Basic estate planning documents such as powers of attorney, wills, and trusts
- Basic analysis of any income tax, estate tax, and gift tax issues
- Care options available for both an ill senior and the spouse
- A review of Medicare and Medicaid as they apply to your particular circumstances
- A true understanding of the personal and family finances available to pay for care
- Analysis of financial suitability of any retained income tools
- Analysis of all the tools and planning options available to meet your specific needs
- A calculation of the actual dollar benefits and costs of any option discussed
- We can give you a good idea of whether you might qualify for veterans benefits
- Planning for long-term care
- Protecting and preserving assets
I’m Alice Reiter Feld. During the 33-year history of The Law Offices of Alice Reiter Feld & Associates, we’ve helped thousands of South Florida seniors build customized Estate Plans…to protect themselves, their families, and the money for which they’ve worked so hard.
You need an Estate Plan. And you need it before anything happens! All you need to do is pick up the phone. We’ll do the rest.
If You’ve Got An Old Estate Plan – Or No Estate Plan – It’s Time To Act!