Caregivers Bill of Rights
- To care for myself, to rest when I’m tired, to eat well, to take breaks from caregiving when I need one.
- To recognize the limits of my own endurance and strength.
- To seek help from family, friends and the community at large.
- To socialize, maintain my interests and do things I enjoy.
- To acknowledge my feelings, whether positive or negative, including frustration, anger and depression and to express them in an appropriate way.
- To take pride in the valuable work I do.
- To applaud the courage and strength it takes to care for a loved one.