Years ago, when you went to the lawyer to plan, you got no more than a simple Will. As laws and times changed, it became clear that the simple will was no longer sufficient. As a result, we created, for your benefit, the Living Trust, Advanced Directives, Medicaid Planning and other methods which protected you in new and dramatic ways.
Now in the 21st Century, new and exciting strategies have been developed to care for your mom, dad, brother, sister and other family members.
Some of these include: Veteran’s Benefits, Care Management, Long Term Care Insurance, Home Health Care, Disability Planning, Special Needs Trusts, Asset Protection Planning, Asset Protection Trust, Advocacy
There comes a time when we all must consider how to best prepare for the Long Term Care of our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters or other loved ones. Our office is here to educate and assist you in achieving peace of mind, by setting up and putting into action a Total Long Term Care Plan for the continued care of your loved ones. Long Term Care Planning goes beyond traditional Estate Planning and Medicaid planning; and addresses the needs of your mom or dad and other loved ones in a holistic manner concerning a wide variety of issues.
- To educate and empower you.
- For you to feel comfortable calling our office for information and know that by having a Long Term Care Plan, all of your questions and calls are included in your fees.
- To help you coordinate the care and services of your loved one.
- To be a resource and aid for you in accessing additional resources in the community.
- To advocate for your loved one’s needs.
- To give you the faith that you have done all that you could for those who gave you so much.
The LONG TERM CARE (Life Care) Plan
When did it happen? Nobody asked if I was ready? When did mom and dad start relying on me? When did they start forgetting? When did their vision and hearing start to fail? When did they start sleeping so much?
These and other events need to be discussed with the right professional. This is a serious and comprehensive discussion. After all, THIS is about my mom, dad, spouse, brother, sister, or other beloved family member.
When do I begin? The time to start is now!!!!
We work with you to determine what your family is trying to achieve and what the needs are of your loved ones.
Legal, Financial and Personal
Next, we establish a personal plan for your loved one. We address issues such as housing, family, health, social issues and we collect and preserve personal information for future use.
We also make appropriate referrals to professionals such as accountants, geriatric care managers, financial planners etc. as needed. Based on our 20+ years of experience, we can help you make sound choices of allied professionals your Long Term Care Plan will require.
Finally, we address the financial concerns of the family and loved one. How are we going to pay for Long Term Care? Is there insurance or private funds? Are public benefits such as Medicare, Medicaid, or Veteran’s Benefits available? Should I learn more about Wealth and Legacy Preservation Planning?
Developing And Implementing The Plan
- We arrange assessments, money management, geriatric care management as needed.
- We pre-plan and apply for benefits such as Medicaid, Medicare, Veteran’s Benefits and Hospice.
- We strive to get the most benefits to which your loved one is entitled.
- We coordinate your services and benefits and provide crisis intervention.
- We provide trustee services, fiduciary representation, guardian services and education.
- We provide a compassionate, friendly and respectful environment in which families and staff can work in harmony.
- We provide service in a way that you would want all your family and friends treated.