Did you know that thousands of Americans that are eligible for Medicaid for Nursing Home or Assisted Living care never even apply for benefits? Yet postponing or avoiding this process means you could be wasting thousands of dollars every year.
Even worse is a problem that I see all too often in my Elder Law practice — many people make the mistake of acting on bad advice from well-meaning family members and friends or making important financial and Estate Planning decisions without having all the facts.
Under the tough new Medicaid guidelines, these mistakes or failure to plan ahead can cause penalty periods of months or even years. This means that during this time the person would not be eligible for Medicaid. Don’t let this happen to you or your family.
Making sense of the Medicaid eligibility rules can be daunting. I help people navigate the system every day….and I fix the problems of those who tried to do it themselves or without the assistance of a Board Certified Elder Law Attorney.
That’s why I wrote The Consumer’s Guide to Medicaid, Veteran’s Benefits and Asset Protection for Long Term Care Needs Planning. To help simplify this important phase by answering your most pressing questions, offering real-world strategies that work, and walking you though the entire process step-by-step. It’s available to you absolutely FREE just click here or on the title above for access.
Here are Just Some of the Strategies I Reveal in This FREE Guide…
- Find out why “traditional” Estate Planning may not work…and find out what does.
- Discover some of the biggest mistakes family members and caregivers of folks requiring a Nursing Home often make and how you can avoid them!
- Learn how gifting money to your children can disqualify you from Medicaid unless it’s done just right.
- Find out how you may be able to protect your home from an estate recovery claim by the state.
- Learn how retirement plans can be decimated and how you might be able to protect them and other assets.
- Discover a hidden benefit for Veterans and their spouses that could help to cover the high cost of home health care or Assisted Living.
- Learn how to find the right Nursing Home and how to get good care there.
Every situation is unique. That’s why it is so important to consult with an Elder Law Attorney before moving any assets around, when faced with requiring Nursing Home care for your loved one.